CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mamush is coming home at last!

On May 10, 2010. I received an email from our adoption agency asking us to contact them asap. "We finally have good news". Once I read the Email I immediately phoned however, there was no answer at the agency. I prayed, could this be the news we had been waiting for..... the go ahead to book our tickets to travel to meet our son for the very first time! I wa panicking thinking how am I going to contact them, I did not want to wait until the morning so I jumped to plan B. I thought if I contacted the other families to see if another else had heard from the agency then possibly I would have a better idea and the travel group is very good at responding quickly if someone sends out an email. However, not tonight, I got no response, despite the fact that I checked my email every hour, until I went to bed! Dwayne was at work and by this time it was late so I thought it was best not to call him unless I had some news ....preferably good news. There's always tomorrow!

I had a poor nights sleep, I checked the clock hourly for the time. Knowing I could contact the agency at 7:00 am to see why they were trying to reach us. It was 7:10 in the morning on May 11th, 2010 when the agency told me that the visa was reviewed and granted and how quickly would we be ale to travel to Ethiopia. I was speechless at first, we have waited for so long that it was hard to believe that it was now actually happening. Dwayne was still at work so I quickly phoned him to tell home the good news. We are so very excited and until we get on that plane I'm sure there will be a tiny bit of doubt in our minds wondering if this was truly the moment we would be bring our son home.

I spent the following few days attempting to arrange flights to Addis. Needless to say with such short notice we were limited in flight options. However, it all worked out. We fly out on Sunday May 23rd to Toronto, then onto Dubai. We over night in Dubai and then fly into Addis the following day. It is going to be a fantastic trip. A trip we will never forget! We will be in Ethiopia for 9 days, we overnight in Dubai on the way home as well. We arrive back in Saskatoon on Thursday June 3rd, 2010.
Now all that there is left to do is pack!

0 comments: